Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Professors

There are so many tips I could give you on how to be a successful student.  I think my top piece of advice is to get to know your professors.  It is important to meet your professors because some of your classes may have hundreds of students enrolled.  Professors are not going to take the time to meet each student. I would recommend attending office hours within the first two weeks to introduce yourself to your professor.  That way they can match a face to a name.
I’m not going to lie to you.  Professors can be scary. It is intimidating to walk into a professor’s office, but it is worth it in the end.  It is easier to ask questions once you get to know your professor.   Remember to get to know them early though.  I will strongly suggest you do not walk into the professor’s office two weeks before the final exam and say, “Hi Professor. My name is Joe Blow.  I have failed all the tests, only done half of the homework, and this is my first time meeting you.  What can I do to pass your class?”  They will take one look at you, laugh, and let you fail the class.

I feel the need... the need for speed.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment