Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wyoming Big Buck$

Happy New Year seniors! If you haven’t began the countdown until graduation, let me just remind you that for those students graduating on June 2, 2012  have approximately 143 days left (Rock Springs High School)! Time is of the essence, as the spring semester will be one of the busiest yet!
Quickly, I want to introduce myself! My name is Faith Helton. I am the College Advisor at Rock Springs High, and I am going on my second year, which I am thrilled about. I graduated from the University of Wyoming in December of 2010 with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration. I transferred there shortly after receiving my Associates of Science in Accounting from Central Wyoming College in Riverton. I am recently engaged, and on top of my students keeping me on my toes, I am in the process of planning a wedding! But enough about me…..let’s talk about all the wonderful scholarship opportunities in Wyoming!
In Lauren’s blog back in November she went in depth about where to find scholarships, the different type of scholarships, scholarship scams, and the truth about scholarship deadlines, so I want to be more specific and list a couple scholarships available to Wyoming students, and only Wyoming students.
Walter Urbigkit Memorial Scholarship is for students who:
·         Are graduating from a Wyoming high school
·         Study the field of Aviation in college
·         Demonstrate financial need
Troy Yost Memorial Scholarship (www.wyfc.org)
·         Graduating from a Wyoming high school
·         Attending the University of Wyoming  or a Wyoming community college
·         Provide recommendation from Art teacher
·         Demonstrate financial need

College Access Challenge Grant
·         Must file and submit the FAFSA by March 1, 2012
·         Be considered “pell eligible”
Wyoming USBC Bowling Association
·         Graduating female
·         Minimum of 2.5 GPA
·         Be a member of the Wyoming USBC Young Bowling Alliance
Wyoming Admissions Officers Scholarship (www.wyomingadmissionsofficers.com)
·         Must provide a personal essay and recommendation letter from a high school administrator or counselor
Wyoming Trucking Association Scholarship
·         Plans to pursue a career in the highway transportation industry
·         Attend University of Wyoming or a Wyoming community college
These scholarships are just a few offered specifically to Wyoming students. For a listing of local scholarships, check the counseling office at your school. Remember, apply apply apply!!!
Good luck, and until next time….
Faith Helton J


No comments:

Post a Comment