Friday, January 13, 2012

Hakuna Matata

Happy New Year!!!! I hope you have gotten all of your college applications in. So now you’re ready to pay for that college education……right? If you’re like me the concept of forking over your entire semester’s tuition, out of pocket, just is not the cool thing to do. So let’s take a couple minutes and talk about scholarships, but before we have that conversation allow me to introduce myself. 

Heather Gifford your Sheridan High School College Advisor reporting for duty. I have recently graduated from the University of Wyoming. I spent lots of time in Sheridan growing up, but I went to high school in a little tiny town in Montana. I have six toes on both feet, love mustard and enjoy building bird houses competitively. Now those three facts are just straight up lies. Both of my feet are equipped with the normal number of digits, I have a strong dislike for mustard as well as most other condiments. I also strongly regret never taking any sort of wood working/shop class in high school. This means the only things I am qualified to build are out of toothpicks or Popsicle sticks. 

Scholarships! Scholarships! Scholarships! If you plan on paying for college with scholarships you have your work cut out for you. So jump on it and start applying. Once you get that array of scholarships you can relax and Hakuna Matata. It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy. Hakuna Matata! NOT…. When your classes start you’re going to have to put in the study hours to keep those scholarships. Some scholarships are going to come with some sort of academic requirements. In order to keep that scholarship you may have to achieve a certain GPA. Make sure you are aware of any such requirements at the beginning of the semester.

Hakuna Matata
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment