Friday, March 23, 2012

A No-Brainer Blog


Nope… It wasn’t the deli-tray this time! That sick feeling you have in the pit of your stomach is coming from the anxiety of another deadline to meet, but don’t worry yet because you still have tomorrow… and when tomorrow comes… well… you still have tomorrow.
                The “tomorrow” mindset was my chosen holy doctrine in college; I wore it like Larry the Cable Guy wears a camo cut-off shirt – with pride and a confused sense of self-approval. To add to the similarity, I had no idea how much it ruined my credibility, how well it displayed my worst qualities, and how significantly it capped my capacity to be successful in my field. Now, this blog isn’t meant to be a hit piece on an average comedian. This blog is to tell you that there is power in “NOW.”
                Let us the reverse the logic. If it can be done tomorrow – maybe it can be done today. If it can be later – maybe it can be done now. Getting things done early gives you the freedom and ability to be agile with regards to project deadlines. You can determine the full quality of your output rather than hashing out a product that merely meets expectations. Conventional wisdom wins out: Do what can be done now.

T.D. Bjornestad

No comments:

Post a Comment